TATA Motors T1 Truck Racing Championship: Season 2
• TATA Motors wanted to stay ahead in the truck marketing game and assure their positioning as an innovative brand who foresees the future of the country.
• To inspire the succeeding generations to take up Truck driving as an inspirational profession as well as wanted to address the scarcity of young skilled truck drivers in India
• To make season 2 even a bigger hit than last year.
• T.I.C. executed a very effective marketing plan that run pan India since January (two month prior to the event).
• Various activities that were carried out which included Road shows to approx 500 locations, Mall activations to approx 25 cities across, TASS (TATA Authorized Service centers) activities to approx 115 cities.
• There was Trophy Relay events in approx 20 cities, motion sensor game and many more activities across India.
• There was a touch& feel section for select visitors, who were enthralled to see and feel these Racing Giants closely.
• Last year winner Stuart Oliver of Team Castrol Vecton again retained his TATA Motors T1 Prima truck racing title. Steve Thomas of Team Allied Partners and Steven Powell of Team TATA Technologies finished on second and third position, respectively.
• The other big challenge of the event was the unseasonal rain, which could have played ‘spoilsport’ literally. However, T.I.C. stood true to Prima’s values of ‘technologically superior’, and displayed the technical readiness by pulling the event off as successfully as it was planned despite the wet race-tracks and rains.
• Another challenge was to manage such a huge crowd (around 50 k spectators) which was thrice the number from year 1, in the unseasonal rains. However T.I.C did it effectively. From entrance to the stadium to the final event, all measures were adopted to deliver a flawless event.
• The other highlight was the felicitation of 150 Indian truck drivers by Executive Director & the Head of TATA CV, along with a convoy of 40 commercial vehicles. Along with the inspiring tune of ‘HumChaleTohChale India’,we saluted their profession and restored the pride of the trucking profession
• The show started by Harley Davidson Bike Rally.
• Performances by Manish Paul as a host, bollywood celebrities Shankar , Ehsaan & Loy along with performances by Badshah and Benny Dayal.
• T.I.C yet again delivered a flawless event at Buddh International Circuit and made it a larger than life event.
• A through on-ground event data evaluation by IMRB yielded the following positive results:
– The brand recall amongst the audiences especially truck drivers was a huge 93%
– About 89% of the target audience agreed with the brand and event fitment, which meant that the perception of Tata Prima as a modern and technological savvy brand was created.
– The event likeability was scaled at 96%
– About 88% of the general public viewed Tata Motors as a global brand
– On a scale of 5, the truck drivers rated the event 4.5 as enjoyable and 4.3 as thrilling.
– The event achieved a scale of 4.4 in terms of uniqueness.
• The event attended by more than 50,000 spectators
• T.I.C. won 2 prestigious awards for the event : EEMAX 2015 consecutively 2nd year in a row and WOW Awards 2015 (Check Award section for more details)
Project NameT1 Truck Racing Championship: Season 2
Client NameTATA Motors
Project TypePress Conferences / Dealer Meets / Activations/ Consumer Meets / Live Artists management