Honda Civic Launch
• The usual trend across the global automobile industry had always been to first launch new car models across the western markets like the US and Europe, and eventually, a few months or years later, introduce the car into the Asian market and thereafter the Indian market. But the tide was about to turn with the Honda Civic in year 2006.
Expectation from T.I.C.:
• The expectation was of a clean and well executed event – neat and precise like the well known Japanese way of working.
• The eyes of the automobile industry and the media were eagerly awaiting this launch. The then global CEO of Honda Cars, Mr. Takeo Fukui, was to be present for the launch along with other Asia-Pacific region heads from the Honda Cars family.
• T.I.C. put together the launch event that symbolized the neat and not-overstated style of the client with a classy press launch for the car in the morning followed by an evening event with socialites, influencers and media representatives coming together to celebrate the launch of the Honda Civic in India.
• The stage for the launch event was designed completely in white, using white laminate to create a wonderfully soft opaque glow to the entire ambience.
• After showcasing some key audio-visuals to the media present at the event, the host announced the arrival of Honda Civic into India as the stage backdrop split open and the two Honda Civic cars drove in on stage in front of a cheering live audience.
• With two turn-tables on the stage floor to revolve the cars for the benefit of the audience, the media went on with their photo ops and interactions following this unveiling.
• T.I.C. conducted the Honda Civic press launch event across four cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai.
The flawless execution of the project saw T.I.C. getting awarded the Honda Hybrid Launch in 2008, where T.I.C. again brought uniqueness in the project.
Year 2008 Honda Hybrid Launch
In 2008, the concept was Drive with the Elements of Nature.
• Leveraging the concept of nature’s elements, T.I.C. created an aura and theme for the new CIVIC range through these elements using projections and props. The All New Hybrid characterized by Earth – Giving back to Earth – Environment friendly Nature rides on Honda, Space: The Technology Of the Civic Hybrid, Fire: Representing the power Of the Civic Sports, Wind : It’s aerodynamics through it’sSide skirts, spoilers, rear fin and Water: Cool, Comfortable, Classy.
• T.I.C. created Contemporary tree design using these elements which were displayed at the venue. Plasmas with dissolving images of nature’s elements on a loop with Supers – water, wind, fire, terra, space were also displayed.
• The event generated excellent media coverage for the Honda Civic across communication channels.
• T.I.C. again won Honda’s accolades and bagged their Auto expo stall and other events in coming years.
Project NameHonda Civic Launch
Project TypePress and Product Launch